Technical Purchaser / Calulator RFN - Trident
Are you ready to develop the Refrigeration business of Trident Maritime Systems? As Technical Purchaser you develop and optimise the sales and profit of the customer portfolio and ensure aligned understanding of customer needs across the organisation. The Technical Purchaser is a part of the Rotterdam organization with responsibility to actively assist and support other sites with strategic purchase, calculations/selections for required parts.
- Participate in strategy developments and growth in his/ her area of responsibility and is responsible for the implementation of this strategy
- Analyzing and assessing performance of accounts in line with the company’s budgets, sales plans and strategy
- Reporting and take or cause corrective action to ensure the customer budgets are achieved.
- Plan and execute the order handling including additional resources needed
- Develop closer relationship / partnership with suppliers and customers
- Follow-up tenders towards customers
- Follow-up orders towards customers
- Participate in technical and commercial discussions
- Close liaison with local and global suppliers
- Close liaison with services
- Identify business opportunities including increasing the volume and profitability from existing customers
- Participate in (sales) meetings
- Offering / calculating replacement parts to customers / service stations
- Provide technical service support to the service stations
- To be capable of solving customer problems by providing first class technical support and solutions
- Building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Work closely with other business areas within Trident.
- Any other assignments given by manager
- Technical or marine background
- > 5 years of experience within HVAC-R for the marine and / or offshore industry (lack of formal education can be compensated by relevant experience > 10 years)
- A good command of spoken and written English
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in different cultures
- Result oriented and co-operative
- Good knowledge on the use of common IT tools
- Willing to travel (if needed)
- Proven Sales ability
- Service oriented
- Proven knowledge/experience from relevant business stream/product group
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self driven and full of initiative
- Quality and safety minded approach to business
- Well updated with job related developments and innovations
- A team player with excellent social skills and a genuine interest for maritime business with strong self motivation blended with humbleness and integrity.
- A challenging job in an international organisation
- we offer an excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions
- The opportunity to develop yourself with training and education.
- Great working atmosphere
About Trident Maritime Services
In the world of shipbuilding, repair and modernization, there’s no time to lose. Every decision and every choice must add value, reduce costs and save time. Throughout our process — on every project, from design and engineering to testing and installation — our expert teams look ahead to the next step. How can we be most efficient? How can we trim installation time? What’s the most cost-effective way to design, manufacture or install a specific solution or system?
Whether we are working with cruise, military, energy or commercial customers, at Trident, your job is always our priority. We are always seeking ways to save time, lower costs, increase quality, and meet turnaround time — every time.